Sunday 5 June 2011

App Review - Fire 2 Field Recorder

I use the FiRe field recorder application almost daily. So When I heard that they had a new improved version I had to check it out!

It will cost you to download the new version as it is not a free upgrade, this isn't a deal breaker for me but in general I know a lot of people get annoyed when app devs upgrade to a new version of the app that has to be payed for.

There are a few interface tweaks and in general everything is a little more polished. The app now has an effects section which will be handy for anyone needing to add some quick fine tuning to recordings.
They have also added 48KHz recording which is huge for anyone working with video as it means you can now use the iphone to capture audio and be able to sync it to the cameras audio.

You are also now able to upload to dropbox alongside soundcloud and ftp.
I use the soundcloud uploading a lot and probably won't use the dropbox feature but its nice to have.

All together a worthwhile upgrade and if you are new to the app I would go for this version, for the majority of casual users the updates in this version wouldn't really be worth the extra cost.



No comments:

Post a Comment