Thursday 13 October 2011

Bristol Balloon Fiesta 2011

I decided to head down to Bristols annual Hot Air Balloon extravaganza and shoot some timelapse videos of the Balloons inflating and taking off.

I had enquired before hand about getting access to the press/media area in order to get better shots as the spectators are not allowed in the arena where all the balloons inflate. Unfortunately they had filled the quota etc. for the event..... not to be discourage I got up bright and early for one of the 6am launches arriving on site before 5am.

Through the use of Jedi mind tricks and an ability of being able to act like I'm meant to be 'backstage' gleaned from countless concerts/festivals etc. I managed to get into the arena and capture the following timelapses with the use of various cameras, lenses and a Kessler Crane PB Dolly.




The weather was not ideal for the launch, also the clouds were 'boring' from a timelapse point of view for most of the morning.


The following day I returned with my family and shot this sequence from a hill at the side of the arena that I had scoped out the previous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment